Rachel is a mother of two miracle babies via adoption and IVF, a former high school English teacher, and a podcaster at 3 in 30 Takeaways for Moms. This week we had a conversation about resisting the need to constantly entertain our children, but instead creating special “highlights” with them. Here is what we discussed in this week’s episode:
“In motherhood, the hard Moments outnumber the perfect moments, but the perfect moments outweigh the hard moments.” Saren Loosli
- Rachel’s journey to motherhood.
- Rachel’s experience with her son’s open adoption.
- The anxieties associated with adoption.
- How to cope with the reality of motherhood that doesn’t always live up to the expectations of motherhood.
- The explanation of a family “Highlight” and how they help moms create meaningful experiences with their kids without feeling overwhelmed.
- How we can keep things easy and maintainable while still creating memories. Everything doesn’t have to be “pinterest worthy.”
- Why it’s important to stop taking so many pictures of our kids and experience the moment.
- Examples of Highlights from Rachel’s family and how to apply them to our own families.
- It’s the simple moments of connection that matter the most to our families.
- The value of scheduling Highlights for our families.
- Looking for opportunities to seize a moment with our child to create a Highlight in their life.
- The importance of looking for the “flecks of gold” in motherhood.
MOM SQUAD CHALLENGE: Seize a Highlight moment. Look for a time when you can jump in and make a memory with your kids.
To Listen To Rachel’s Podcast Click on the Image:
At The Foot of Her Bed by Camille Ward
Anchored by Beautiful Moments by Rachel Nielson
Creating Highlights by Rachel Nielson
Rachel’s Book Recommendation: