We were honored to speak this week with Heidi Tucker. She is an award-winning author and speaker. Her passion for writing and speaking about light and hope has inspired thousands. Heidi is known as a great storyteller who believes that every story not only teaches a gospel principle, but can make you feel it. She has inspired many to rise up, cling to their faith and position their hearts to recognize God’s hand in their life.
Heidi Tucker won a 2018 Illumination Book Award for her new release Servie’s Song. She also won a similar award for her first inspirational book Finding Hope in the Journey in 2017.
When Heidi isn’t writing her next book, or speaking at a conference, you’ll find her spending time outdoors with her husband, four grown children and eight grandchildren. She loves sunflowers, hiking and ice cream … not necessarily in that order.
Here are some key points of our discussion:
- Heidi talked about her family and her journey as a mother.
- Originally a business major, she tells how she was led to the surprising decision to write books.
- We discussed why and how Heidi compares life to a culmination of hikes, and how this analogy is helpful to mothers and fathers in their own journeys.
- Heidi discussed some of the trials she has had in her own life and how she has discovered that there is always hope in every journey.
- She discussed the patterns of behavior we need to follow to be able to see the hope that is there.
- We discussed the link between knowing about our heritage and receiving an increase of hope in our own circumstances.
- Heidi told the story of how she came to write the book Servie’s Song, the true story of one mother living in Zimbabwe. Servie’s Song takes you on an emotional journey of tragedy and heartbreak to an inspiring path of hope.
Mom Squad Challenge: Better your communication with God. Find a space that you can dedicate to opening yourself up to two-way communication with Him.
You can find out more about Heidi at www.thepickledsunflower.com
To purchase Heidi’s books, click on the links below: