Sam Passey is a stay at home mother of six children. She has developed a weekly cleaning routine that allows her to deep clean her entire house every week in less than an hour a day. In this interview we talk about her cleaning system and how you can implement it in your own home. So if you are a slob, like us, there is hope for you if you follow her plan. Here is what we talked about:
- The importance of making cleaning a priority in our home.
- Sam’s cleaning routine.
- How to schedule a weekly cleaning routine.
- How much time it takes to deep clean an entire house.
- Cleaning with little kids around.
- How to teach your kids to clean.
- Simplifying your cleaning routine so it is manageable in the beginning.
- How to make cleaning more enjoyable.
- Suggested cleaning supplies. (links below)
- How to stay motivated and encouraged with tasks that never get done (laundry, dishes, etc.)
- Rewarding yourself for getting your cleaning done.
Mom Squad Challenge: Write down a cleaning schedule that you would like to achieve. Include what you want to clean and when you are going to clean it.
Popsicle Stick Chore System :
Below are suggested chores, from Sam’s system. Write each chore on a separate popsicle stick. Create more chores or eliminate chores according to what works for your household. Each child picks their assigned number of chores.
Family/Living Room chores
Pick up floor and put things away where they belong
Wipe cupboards and shelves
Clean bathroom mirror
Clean bathroom sink and counter
Halls and Stairs
Wipe down walls
Clean off table and put things away
Clean off countertops
Wipe down countertops
Pick up and put things away
Wipe down baseboards