Does it seem right that when you have children you suddenly lose your sleep, your free time, your sanity and YOUR BODY? In my naive mind, I thought I would say good-bye to my pre-baby body for nine months while I was pregnant and then life would go back to normal. HA! I am still searching for that body. I hope someday I find it.
Maintaining a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle is a constant battle in the busy lives of mothers. Too often we are trying so hard and it is easy to get discouraged when the number on the scale is not reflecting our hard work. This episode is going to help women accept their bodies NOW. We don’t have to wait for that “someday” when we finally fit in our skinny jeans from college. In this episode, we talk to Amber Brueseke. She is a certified personal trainer, a fitness instructor, a registered nurse and most importantly a mother of four kids. She gives great advice about improving your body image, setting attainable health goals and how to avoid letting the scale rule you. Here is what we talked about:
- Amber’s family
- Why Amber started the website Biceps After Babes
- Having a positive body image
- The importance of taking care of yourself to set an example for your kids
- Things you can do now to love your body
- Identify your thoughts and change the story in your mind
- Indifference, when it comes to loving your body, is not a bad thing.
- How to maintain a healthy lifestyle without letting it control you.
- What the number on the scale means to you.
- Defining success in different ways, not just hitting the prepregnancy weight.
- Setting behavioral goals. Setting a goal that you can control.
- Where to start when starting a health plan
- How to maintain LONG TERM healthy habits
- What are Macros. (carbs, fat and protein)
- The first step is establishing small habits you can add to.
- It is a journey and everyone’s journey is unique
Mom Squad Challenge: Choose ONE health or fitness goal to work on for the next four weeks. Write it down. Practice it.
Amber’s website: Biceps After Babies
To learn more about macros: CLICK HERE
To set your macros: CLICK HERE
BIG THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS OF THIS EPISODE!
Brightbox is an easy, affordable way to brighten someone’s day! You can send someone a quick pick me up of happy mail without the hassle of running around. The purpose at Brightbox is to lift, love, and serve others. Brighten a day with just a few clicks from your phone sending a customized box straight to their door with pricepoints of 5, 10, or 15 dollars and FREE SHIPPING. Find the perfect fit at brightboxes.shop or follow along @brightboxes on Instagram for all kinds of ways you can serve and give back in the world. Brighten a day with Brightbox!
Precision Rehabilitation has been the premier provider of Physical Therapy (PT) and Occupational Therapy (OT) services in the Southeastern Utah area since 2007. Their skilled team of therapists is knowledgeable and compassionate. They specialize in diverse areas of practice and are always working to deliver high-quality PT and OT. They serve patients in a wide variety of rural healthcare settings. They offer direct patient care in their own clinics as well as contracting their services through other rural health agencies. They are currently looking to hire a physical therapist and occupational therapist. If interested contact them: CLICK HERE
Amber’s Favorite Parenting Book:
Amber’s Favorite Fiction Books